Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Residents!!!

Today while cutting hay in one of our back fields, my husband came apon these bunch.


Now we hated to move them, but it had to be done. So now I am playing Momma and feeding them in the house. We really don't know exactly what they are, hawks perhaps? They are eager to eat, not much of a problem yet. The smell hasn't started yet either! Hopefully they grow nice and strong and we are able to release them back out into the wild of the farm. We shall see. This makes three birds between my Dad and I this year. He found a baby crow bouncing along in the bush unable to find his mother and/or fly at all. Fred as we call him is living with my parents at Key River. These guys will be residents of Field.

3 comments:

darlene said...

omg!!..how neat is that!!....
that is my kinda thing,,,,well more my husbands , but ahhh, so very proud of what you are try to do, god bless you for that...i am such an animal lover of all

Sam said...

Yeah are very cute, they are getting ALOT more lively now. I will have to search for a birdcage. We have named them Harry and Ginny.

darlene said...

ah cute names!!....you have a big job there, look forward to seeing pictures of them, as they grow