Thursday, August 2, 2007

Our Little Gardener



Today was a good day for Lucy, she finally got some results from all her hard work with Mom in the garden. We were walking thru today and found a very large zucchini and some tiny Tim tomatoes that were ready for the picking. We have planted alot of different things. It seems this year is going to be all about the tomatoes. All of the twenty some plants that went in have tomatoes coming on them, I guess there will be lots of tomatoes canning coming my way







On another note , Ginny and Harry are doing quite well. Hopping around the box and getting quite vocal when they want to eat. Guess that is a good sign. I guess I get to play Momma bird too now. There is a storm rolling in tonight, I HOPE! I can't stand this heat. I would rather it be raining and cold then this.

4 comments:

Shan said...

Excellent harvest! Abby has been making frequent trips to check out her own little crops. Her's are all destined for the fair though.

Sam said...

What did she grow? Lucy's zucchini is destined for your recipe I think. We shall see.

Shan said...

This year she grew pumpkins, corn and sunflowers. I'm not really sure what else. I haven't been to see her garden up the road. She has some plants in Papa's garden and some planted at a friend's farm just up the road.

Sam said...

Ummmm pumpkins, that sounds soooo good, I hope to get some from my plants but I am not holding my breath, hard to grow them up north here.