Sunday, August 5, 2007

What's Cooking Today

I had to post this today, since I might run out of steam by Wednesday. I just bought it out of the oven, the smell is out of this world. Lucy is excited since this is what we did with her zucchini from the garden.
Tart Lime Zucchini Loaf

Ingredients:
LOAF:
All-Purpose Flour 1 1/2 cups
Bran Buds Cereal 1 cup
Baking Powder 2 tsp.
Baking Soda 1 tsp.
Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp.

Large Eggs 2
Granulated sugar 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar, packed 1/3 cup
Cooking Oil 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp.

Grated Unpeeled Zucchini 2 cups
Grated Lime Zest 1 tbsp

GLAZE:
Lime Juice 1/4 cup
Granulated sugar 1/4 cup

Method:
Measure first 7 ingredients into large bowl. Stir. Make a well in centre.

Brat next 5 ingredients with whisk in medium bowl. Add to well.

Add zucchini and lime zest. Stir until just moistened. Spread in greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.

Glaze:
Stir lime juice into sugar in small cup until sugar is dissolved. Randomly poke several holes in loaf with wooden pick. Spoon lime juice mixture over loaf. Let stand in pan until cooled completely. Cuts into 16 slices.

The only things that I did different with this was I didn't use the bran cereal, I used the natural bran you buy in the small bags just by the cereal boxes. ALOT cheaper. It was only about 1.50 or so for the bag vs. 3-4 bucks for a small box of the actual cereal.

To make things easier I used my food processer. LET me tell you, gets the job done in 1/10 of the time.

1 comment:

darlene said...

wow, this sounds interesting .....can smell it from here