Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Big Boy Bed

Well we started, two nights ago as planned. Sleeping has always been a touchy issue with Jacob. Lucy not so much, sleeping thru the night at four months, sleeping in a bed at 12 months. Jacob has been the opposite, not sleeping thru the night yet, and not sleeping in a big bed yet. Agh, I was pulling my hair out. Then we were deciding what to bring and what to scrap, we decided that the crib was finished anyway so to leave it and throw him in a toddler bed. Of course Jim thought this was a good idea, he doesn't get up in the middle of the night EVER. So finally after living here for two weeks we went and bought new bolts for it, since apparently they got lost in transport. Thursday night was the first night, and after he got into bed, he never got out. Yes, I was shocked. Then the next time I heard from him was six in the morning. Shocked again since he has never slept that long before getting up, he had his drink and was back to sleep. Then last night, you'll never believe this, I didn't, he slept the night!!! Now I am doing back flips. Wow, next objective, start on the potty training.

No comments: