Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thoughts About Christmas

Lately I have been thinking alot about christmas. I am not sure whether it is because I like to be anal retentive and plan everything all the time, or because this will be our first christmas in the new house. Which in its self should be special and something for Jim and I to remember for years and years to come. I did start shopping about three months ago, and I realize that this is late,but I was moving. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it no matter what anyone says. Lucy and I are going to buy our christmas cards this weekend. She wants to be involved this year, I think it is great! We don't spend thousands of dollars, or go across the country, but I try and make it so that when she is older she will remember our "family christmas". It will just be Jim and I, my parents and the kids. Every year it involves the same thing, getting up having breakfest,yes we are those people, opening gifts, and then my mom and I cooking for the rest of the day. Every year that I can remember that is what has happening, starting with my mom and now the baton has been passed down to me. We are a food people, I am not ashamed. More though goes into the meal then anything else, why shouldn't it? Since this is the first year here, I am trying to play out where everything will go, where people will sleep, etc. has anyone else has thoughts of snowflakes and christmas trees yet?

2 comments:

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Too early for thinking of Christmas for me. Perhaps, if I had a little one to share the preparation with. . . . .
Don't forget to make sugar cookies. . .never too early for them.

Shan said...

I'm always thinking about Christmas.