Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Evil Stove

The other day, well Sunday, I was cooking the slew of Thanksgiving items that have been on the menu in my house since I can remember. Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnip, Stuffing and the bird, plus two kinds of pie. Well I had gotten up early to cook most of the sides since my parents were brinning me the turkey. Good thing, once my parents got here, I threw the turkey in, a couple hours later, I decide to finish everything I hadn't yet, well mainly the turnip and the cranberry sauce. then I realized that none of the burners on this ELECTRIC stove where working, then after the turkey was out of the oven, it was done. We realized that the oven wasn't either since my cresents wouldn't cook. Let me give you background on this stove, when we bought this house, it was left here, it worked great for a week, then gives up the biscuit on one IMPORTANT day. This is why now I am searching all over the country for copper gas line to run my propane stove once again, what can really go wrong with it? The tank runs out, the pilot blows out, that is just about it. I can't wait till I get that line, until then we are living with the microwave and the huge eletric griddle I have.

No comments: